Careers & Work Experience
Mr J Plunkett , Drama Teacher, is the AST CEIAG Co-ordinator and Ms L Wilbraham is the Work Experience Manager.
Key Staff Roles and Responsibilities:
- Careers Education and Work Experience Lead – Mr J Plunkett
- Work Experience Co-ordinator – Miss L Wilbraham
- Careers Education and Work Experience Senior Leadership Link – Mr A Yendell
- Careers Education and Work Experience Governors Link – Mr T Goodwin
Careers provision at Callington Community College is fully mapped to address the national framework for good careers guidance known as ‘The Gatsby Benchmarks’:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Further details can be found in the CEAIG policy below.
All students have open access to the Careers Library and students are welcome to browse for further information on careers and the world of work. College, training provider and University prospectuses are also kept here. There is also an extensive college and university prospectus library held in The Sixth Form Centre.
Sixth Form students with their parents and carers can also arrange for a careers/progression interview with Mr Plunkett. A member of the team will also be present at parents evenings this year to answer careers related questions.
As a starting point any of the websites listed below will provide useful careers and pathways information:-
www.getingofar.gov.uk - Apprenticeship Information. Learn all about different apprenticeship and how to access them
www.ucas.com - HE Information. If you are thinking about applying for university then this is the site for you but there is more than that here.
www.fasttomato.com - Careers Diagnostics Website. Answer a series of simple questions to help you find the ideal for you
www.unifrog.org - The Complete Destinations Platform - Make it easy for students to find and apply for the best courses and apprenticeships for them.
www.careerpilot.org.uk/adviser-zone/national-careers-service-south-west/lmi-in-a-box - National Careers Service: South West. Research the local area and find out about trends in employment for lots of different jobs and colleges.
www.careerpilot.org.uk Plan your study & work. Your choices at 14, 16 and 18, routes to different qualifications and job sectors.
You may find some of the documents attached below useful: